Friday, June 8, 2012

In Denial...

Check out this article:  Obesity in America's Church

For a long time, we've joked about the fact that Christians are so overweight - I've even made the joke that Christians can't drink, smoke, or toke, but we can eat.  ;-)

I believe that the Church is in denial, pure and simple.  We judge others for living 'in sin' and having (too many?) piercings and tattoos and smoking and any number of things, but no one really mentions the sin of the lack of self-control when it comes to food and drink(or, for my Catholic friends, gluttony).

I'm not trying to bash the church at all - on the contrary, I think our leadership should not only lead the flock in spiritual matters, but also physical matters.  



You know, this Bible verse isn't just talking about tattoos and make-up. ;-)  As an obese minister's wife, I realize I'm the pot calling the kettle black, but I hope you can hear my heart in this.  I think we can do so much better than what we're doing right now.

What do you think?  I want to hear!! 

Have a blessed weekend, y'all!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment