Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Are you ready for ANSWERED prayers?

Back in the '90s, when Garth Brooks was at his pinnacle of success, he released a song "Unanswered Prayers".  It's a cute song, and despite the fact that its (gasp!) secular, really did help me as a young Christian put into perspective Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I'm thankful for the unanswered prayers.  I'm also thankful for answers that I didn't even know I had a question for! But that's another post and I want to share with you tonight an answered prayer that I honestly was not prepared to be answered.  I know, I know - I'm the wife of a minister, I should have faith enough for this right?  Well, let me tell you - it's a LOT easier for me to have faith for you in your situation (or any other sister in theirs), but it's a WHOLE 'nother matter for me to have faith for MY situation.

My hubby is out of town for the week at the South GA Church of God Campmeeting. (BTW, I posted a link to watch the services live, but the correct link is 2012 South GA Campmeeting Live Stream)  We have a situation we are praying through right now, and I could sense in his voice one of the 5 millions times I called him today (not really 5 million, but I do miss him) a sort of down-on-myself, I'm-not-worthy kind of attitude about some tasks that the Lord has set before him.  I tried to encourage him, and even quoted scripture to him (Did I really do that?? Seriously, he's a minister.  He knows those scriptures already!! LOL).  I could tell it was going in one ear and out the other.  Maybe he felt that I'm his wife, so I was SUPPOSED to say that, right?  We've all felt that way about some sort of advice someone gave us.

So this evening, before the night service began, I started doing some house work and felt that I should spend that time praying for my husband. (Please don't think I'm June Cleaver for Ruth Graham or anything - it's nothing near as structured as that!)  And I prayed that God would encourage him in this area, and to please "make Yourself REAL to him tonight, Lord." and I prayed that God would send someone to my hubby to encourage him tonight!

Even though I was trying to watch the service, Mommyhood intervened, so I did miss some parts of the awesome message Brother David Price preached at Campmeeting tonight.  When my hubby called me after service (WAAAAY after, but I was trying to be patient, you know...) it turns out that God not only answered my prayer about being REAL to my hubby, but God also sent someone my husband trusts with a word for him AND sent a second person with a confirmation to that word!

Now we are unapologetically pentecostal. So please forgive me if I'm talking about something that makes no sense to you, but when J told me of the events that happened tonight, I was absolutely OVERWHELMED with a sense of shock and unworthiness and just gratefulness because a split-second after he told me that, I realized - Wait a minute!  That's what I prayed for!!  So I started boo-hooing and HAD to raise my hands in the middle of my living room to give thanks to my God!  Oh my Lord - that You would answer a prayer that I prayed for my husband when it's just been recently that I have been feeling led to pray more and more for him....And You answered it about this specific situation, and sent a specific person with that specific word, and I prayed that!  And You answered it!  Who am I, that you'd listen to my prayers??  But You listened!!  and You answered!!!

All this was going through my mind and through my spirit in a matter of seconds.  I'm still in awe that God would answer this prayer I prayed in such an unquestionable way!  And to think that He's the One who nudged me to pray in that way for my husband to begin with!!

Oh, God you truly do cause ALL THINGS to work together for good to me and my family, because we LOVE YOU, and we are CALLED for YOUR purpose!

Are you ready to listen for His still, small voice - nudging you to pray for this person or that situation just so that you can see how He's going to work it out for good?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment