Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Biggest Supporter

Sometimes it's the smallest things that mean the most to us moms, right? 

We have one son, Col - our 'miracle baby' - who just happens to be seven years old, going on thirty!  There are days he really tries my patience, sure, but he is mostly well-behaved, very intelligent, and is the most caring 7-year-old I know! And I'm not just saying that because he's my son!  :-) 

I've been wearing a pedometer to work the last few weeks, not really making a big deal about it - especially with Col.  I mean, I worry a lot about how what he sees will affect him later on in life and I don't want my child to look back on his childhood and wind up have weight issues because of what he's learned from his parents, you know?

Well, as kids will do, Col has picked up on the efforts I've been making of late.  Earlier this week, when I got into the car after work, Col asked (before he even said 'hello', mind you!) "Mommy, how many steps did you get today?" 

Since I didn't even know he knew I was wearing a pedometer, I have to say this mama was absolutely flattered that my son was observant enough to catch on to what I was doing, and cared enough to ask!  My heart absolutly melted!!

Then, a couple days later as I was walking on the treadmill, he came into the room after he finished his bath.  When he saw me on the treadmill (normally I'm on the treadmill long after his bedtime), he stopped short, cocked his head to one side and kind of raised one eyebrow at me, gave me a half-smile and thumbs-up as if to say "you go, mom!" 

Again, another heart-melt moment!  I can't tell you how blessed I feel to have a little boy who so obviously cares about others, you know?

And, just to brag a little more, his progress report came in last week and the LOWEST score he had was a 97! Not bad at all, my little one!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment